What We Do...
Provide consultation and information to the public, businesses, media, health care, government, educators and others on the needs and interests of Deaf Newfoundlanders and Labradorians.
Conduct Research and collect data regarding: Deaf demographics, employment, literacy; provide reports on information gathered.
Promote and protect the use of American Sign Language through sign language classes.Administer the Deaf Literacy Program.Promote and provide workshops for the Deaf community on Mental Health, Employment and Financial Management.Provide representation on national and local boards:
- Canadian Association of the Deaf
- Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf
- Coalition of Persons with Disabilities
- Independent Living Resource Centre
- Interpreting Services of NL Inc.Involvement in charitable projects:
- Christmas Hampers to needy Deaf families
- Annual donation to Janeway Telethon for early detection of hearing loss
21 Merrymeeting Road, 3rd Floor
St. John's, NL A1C 2V6
TTY/Voice: (709) 726-6672
Fax: (709) 726-6650